By Marcus Gilmer in News on Dec 13, 2008 12:00AM
Photo by Detroit Chris
- Maybe we found the source of Blago's legal woes: seems he owes a cool half a million dollars in unpaid legal bills.
- The family of Andrew Muno, who died during surgery after receiving an antibiotic he was allergic to, has settled their medical malpractice suit against the doctors involved for a final total of $9 million.
- Strange story out of Wisconsin: a Salvation Army officer is in hot water for marrying a woman who isn't also an S.A. officer, a big no-no.
- Farewell, Spike O'Dell!
- Chicago 2016 announced that an Olympic Games in Chicago could bring the city upwards of $22.5 billion in revenue. They also released their final plan for the games, which we'll look at next week.
- Our pals at Gothamist got to visit Sesame Street. Awesome. We get Blago's hair and they get Big Bird. Totally fair.
- And, finally, as we close out what has been a pretty amazing week (in every sense of the word) here at Chicagoist, we'd like to tip our caps to our sister site, Torontoist, who will be closing for business on January 1, 2009. To David and the rest of the staff: you will be sorely missed!