By Marcus Gilmer in News on Dec 16, 2008 12:00AM
Photo by ropesack
- Sorry, Mayor. Looks like Arne is going to Washington.
- On another Obama front, an internal review shows that the President-Elect had no contact with Gov. Blagojevich about his replacement and that any aides who did had "no inappropriate discussions."
- Patti Blagojevich issued notes to her neighbors apologizing for the media ruckus in the neighborhood: "My husband and I would like to apologize to you and your family for the media barrage that descended on our neighborhood. While we signed up for this kind of attention, by choosing life in public service, you didn't."
- Some drama down on the Mag Mile this morning: an FBI agent shot a robbery suspect when the suspect tried to flee and subsequently tried running over another FBI agent. The suspect was in serious-to-critical condition at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. The suspect had already been apprehended for a robbery and somehow managed to commandeer an FBI vehicle which he then used to attempt an escape, attempting to run over an agent in the process.
- Lake County Sheriff Mark Curran announced that he's switching teams: from the Democrats to the GOP. "I am changing parties as a matter of conscience," Curran said.
- Today's "Worst Parent" Award goes to Pamela J. Weberski of Elgin who went shopping in a Target while leaving her 20-month-old baby in her car with the temperature hovering around 11 degrees.
- The Las Vegas Wranglers, a minor league hockey team, will be hosting "Rod Blagojevich Night" on Friday, January 30. The team will wear prison suit uniforms (complete with pinstripes) and will auction off a seat located between the team benches to the highest bidder. Hooray for being a laughing-stock! [via]
- At least Chicago still hosts a cat circus (with new dates added for January 16 - 18!). Classy, indeed.