By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jan 9, 2009 12:30AM
Photo by The Lovely Olivia Leigh
- By a vote of 21-0, the state House committee investigating Gov. Rod Blagojevich has recommended impeachment. A vote in the House is expected tomorrow, which will send articles of impeachment to the Senate for trial.
- Roland Burris told the committee today that there was no "quid pro quo" for his Senate appointment.
- The Sun-Times Media Group will be closing 12 suburban papers as of January 15. They are: Algonquin Countryside, Arlington Heights Post, Cary-Grove Countryside, Des Plaines Times, Elk Grove Times, Hoffman Estates Review, Mount Prospect Times, Palatine Countryside, Proviso Herald, Rolling Meadows Review, Schaumburg Review and Wheeling Countryside.
- Joliet police are holding Jeramy J. Green in custody for last night's stabbing death of his girlfriend, Brittany Brooks.
- Some county workers managed to finagle timesheets so they got paid overtime on their days off. Quigley is not amused.
- The state lottery jackpot has grown to $2.5 million. We're feelin' lucky.