By L. Stolpman in Food on Jan 23, 2009 6:00PM
Valentine's Day is coming up and reservations will go quickly. Here are some upcoming events, including some Valentine's Day specials.
- January 25 and Sundays after: SushiSamba's brunch will now include 3 complimentary cocktails: mimosas, bloody mary's, caipirinhas or, alternatively, fresh squeezed juices. So, if your family makes you miserable but you have to take them to brunch, well, you can tie one on. Hmm. Too bad people don't eat brunch and then go to church. Anyway - at $16, it's a good deal. 504 N. Wells St. $16.
- January 28: Head into a local Panera on Wednesday from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and get a free cup of coffee and sample their new breakfast items. Panera will be taking donations to their Operation Dough-Nation Community Breadbox. All funds, up to $250 per cafe, donated on January 28, will be matched by Panera and given to the Food Banks (the Greater Chicago Food Depository).
- February 15: Lettuce Entertain You will host its first Annual Bridal Fair at HUB 51. Learn how Lettuce’s parties and special events division can create seamless wedding events from showers to rehearsal dinners to post-wedding brunches. The latest in wedding hair, makeup, floral, honeymoons, invitations and accessories will be featured with Chicago’s top wedding purveyors including Revel Décor, The Cake Girls, JetSet World Travel, Fig Media, and Mario Tricoci. Fashion will be provided by Ultimate Bride and Jenny Yoo. RSVP here. 12 p.m. - 3 p.m. 51 W Hubbard. Complimentary Admission and valet provided.
Valentine's Day (more to come as we hear about them!)
- Bonsoiree has a special aphrodisiac menu - 8 courses for $140. Check out the menu here. 2728 W Armitage. 773.486.7511.
- Brasserie JO will offer a special three-course prix-fixe menu created by Chef/Proprietor J. Joho to make a romantic occasion even more distinctive. Menu will include an appetizer, entree and dessert for $49 per person excluding tax and gratuity. Reservations strongly recommended. 59 W. Hubbard.
- Carnivale will have V-day specials including sensual oysters with cucumber habanera salsa and a 40 oz. porterhouse for two. Cocktail specials include Dom Perignon by the glass ($35) and more. A festive stilt-walker will also hand out complimentary flowers to the ladies on February 14. 702 W. Fulton.
- Chen's Chinese and Sushi (3506 N Clark) and Koi (624 N. Davis in Evanston) will each have a $25 prix-fixe menu: Tuna Sashimi Rose appetizer, followed by the Dragon and Phoenix Entree featuring the Dragon: crispy chicken covered in tangy sweet and spicy pepper sauce and the Phoenix: shrimp sauteed with vegetables in white wine sauce (the entree is for two) and finish up with Chocolate Lava Cake. A glass of either house sake, red or white wine is also included.