By Marcus Gilmer in News on Feb 3, 2009 12:00AM
Photo by Wayne Gunn
- Joey "The Clown" Lombardo is the latest mobster sentenced in the Family Secrets trial: Joey received life.
- Uriel Soto-Castro, the man who hit three teens with his car on Friday, is facing aggravated drunken driving charges from the incident; none of the teens' injuries were considered life-threatening.
- The Sun-Times uncovered some rather disproportionately high salaries for some area educators.
- Not content to stick with educators, the Sun-Times' investigative prowess carried over to investigating salaries of nonunion CTA employees.
- After lots of talk and battles, CN Railway finally completed the purchase of the Elgin, Joliet & Eastern Railway, but opponents promise they'll continue to fight the purchase in federal court.
- A look at the art at the newly reopened Damen Brown Line station [via Gapers Block].
- We don't give a damn if she lip-synced or not, it was great to see Jennifer Hudson last night at the Super Bowl. It was her first public performance since the October murder of her mother, brother, and nephew. And, damn, she looked fantastic.