By Marcus Gilmer in News on Feb 7, 2009 12:00AM
Photo by bluebike
- Stick-em-up: a man robbed a Logan Square McDonald's today armed only with a stick.
- Police seized drugs and weapons as well as arrested Casey Crawford during an overnight raid at a condo apparently owned by Chicago Police Asst. Supt. Beatrice Cuello. Neither Cuello nor her daughter, who also lives at the condo, were suspected of any wrong-doing.
- A state appeals court has ruled jailed former governor George Ryan should be allowed to receive part of his pension. Ryan will receive $65,000 a year.
- Gov. Quinn's new ethics panel includes Northwestern football coach Pat Fitzgerald, prompting the coach to ask, "...you sure you're calling the right Pat Fitzgerald?"
- Should Oprah be the Sun-Times' savior? The Trib's Phil Rosenthal thinks so.
- Whether you support or oppose having the 2016 Olympics here, the city has formally submitted it's bid book to the IOC.
- As we head into the warmest weekend of 2009 thus far, it's worth noting pitchers and catcher report for Spring Training beginning next Thursday (Cleveland). The Cubs report next Friday and the White Sox on Saturday.