By Marcus Gilmer in News on Feb 18, 2009 12:00AM
Photo by Jack Cantey
- Legendary Chicago architect John Holabird passed away yesterday at the age of 88.
- Our pal Justin Kaufmann over at WBEZ's blog has a copy of Cook County Clerk David Orr's alleged open letter to Sen. Burris calling for Burris to resign.
- Like it or not, President Obama signed off on the $787 billion stimulus package today.
- The University of Chicago community is on alert tonight after an attack on a woman last night. The attacker was described as "male, white or Hispanic, 6-feet tall, with bushy hair, wearing dark clothing."
- The strange case of the Hyde Park Walgreen's that's gone Obama crazy [via Gapers Block].
- The proposed costs of 2016 Olympic tickets proves it won't be cheap. We bet the $28 ticket will be for team handball in which case, count us in!
- We swear we thought this was an Onion article at first: "Man Still Skeptical About Yellow Snow On Lawn." Turns out it was probably just dirt and not waste from airplanes like he thought. But still, we giggled.