By Marcus Gilmer in News on Mar 6, 2009 11:40PM
- Police responded to a report of gunfire at UIC but didn't find any evidence of a gunman in the neighborhood.
- Former Blago fundraiser and O'Hare contractor Christopher Kelly has been banned from ever doing business with the city again. Booyah!
- Thomas Morphey, the alleged witness in the Stacy Peterson disappearance, has been offered immunity by prosecutors in exchange for his testimony.
- It looks like megaultrasuperduperstars U2 will kick off the American leg of their tour with a September 12 show at Soldier Field.
- If Illinois has anything to say about it, Pluto is still a planet, dammit! [PDF]
- Chicago is (allegedly) not a very manly city. (Thanks, Sandra!)
- And, finally, the best news we've heard all week: Scooter's Frozen Custard (pictured above), a favorite spring/summertime haunt for many a Chicagoist writers and West Lakeview/Roscoe Villagers, opened its doors today for the 2009 season. Featuring a rotating "flavor of the day" as well as a fixed menu of concretes, it's one of the must-hit destinations of the North Side and conveniently only a few blocks from Chicagoist HQ.