By Marcus Gilmer in News on Mar 9, 2009 11:00PM
Photo by [clint]
- 27-year-old Terry Sedlacek has been charged in the murder of Pastor Fred Winters. Sedlacek allegedly stormed into First Baptist Church of Maryville yesterday and shot Winters multiple times. Sedlacek is also charged with injuring two worshippers with a knife when they tried to restrain him after the shooting.
- Blago can't shake U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald; a federal judge has rejected the former gov's request to bump Fitzy off the case.
- Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis appeared in court to day and apologized for refusing the court order to hand over a list of all police officers who have had five or more complaints filed against them since 2000.
- There's trouble brewing within the United States Olympic Committee and it could hinder the chances of Chicago 2016 winning the games.
- A committee in the Illinois House of Representatives is exploring an option of allowing voters to cast ballots for certain elections by mail.
- Finally, congrats are in order to Intelligentsia's Mike Phillips, who has earned the title as the country's best barista.