By Chuck Sudo in Food on Mar 12, 2009 7:45PM
- First, a correction on that L2O/Hitachino Nest dinner Sunday. The dinner is eight courses, not six. Yikes!
- Kathy Beymer over at Merriment Design has a post on how to make your own personalized pot pies. The first one to make one with the Chicagoist logo and send a photo to us will be posted to the site. Or one with "slut" written across the crust. [Merriment Design]
- Chicago Magazine and Time Out Chicago both have BYOB guides this week. [Chicago Mag, TOC]
- Cyrano's Bistrot owner Didier Durand, one of the city's staunchest opponents to the now-repealed foie gras ban, is opening a foie gras museum inside the restaurant. [Times of London, via]
- The Daily Herald profiles localvore (and Chicagoist) favorite mado. [Daily Herald]
- More foie gras related goodness: Tribune reporter Mark Caro's new book The Foie Gras Wars is in bookstores now. Caro will be signing copies of the book at Borders (2817 N. Clark) this evening at 7 p.m. [The Stew]
- Three Floyd's is implementing a "golden ticket' system for DarkLord Day this year so that fans of their Russian Imperial Stout aren't resorting to buying bottles of the beer from barely-legal-to-drink scalpers in the parking lot. Tickets go on sale next Tuesday, but you have to register here. [DarkLordday.com]