By Marcus Gilmer in News on Apr 29, 2009 10:00PM
Photo by terminal verbosity
- There are now nine suspected cases of Swine Flu in the Chicagoland area: 5 in Chicago, 2 in Kane County, and 1 in DuPage and Lake Counties.
- Former Alderman Tyrone Kenner, who was once found guilty of accepting bribes, passed away on Monday from complications due to diabetes; Kenner was 76.
- ComEd named Anne Pramaggiore its first ever female president and COO today.
- State police and the Coast Guard searched part of the Sanitary Drainage and Ship Canal between Romeoville and Lockport today in connection with the Stacy Peterson case.
- Think the Blackhawks have what it takes to get to the Western Conference Finals and even a shot at at the Stanley Cup Finals? Then snatch up some tickets starting Monday.
- The new Lincoln Park Whole Foods, which will be located at the corner of Sheffield and Kingsbury, will be the third largest Whole Foods in the world when it opens May 20.
- If you're a Ben Folds fan and you picked up his new a cappella record, you'll be happy to know the University of Chicago's Voices in Your Head appears on the track, "Magic."