By Marcus Gilmer in News on May 4, 2009 11:00PM
Photo by celikins
- Six more confirmed cases of Swine Flu have the grand total in the state of Illinois up to *drumroll* .... Nine.
- Meanwhile, Governor Quinn echoed the sentiment of common sense in saying that riding public transit did not pose any additional health risks.
- Chicago Public Schools and the teachers' union are squaring off over potential changes to the retirement plan.
- The Tribune launches a plan to help you access documents available under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Chicago financier James Tyree is beginning explorations into purchasing the Sun-Times Media Group, Inc., the parent company of a slew of local papers, including the Sun-Times.
- Suburban Carbon Hill hopes it's amongst the hundreds of small communities across the country that can land stimulus cash to help clean up sewage and waste.