By Marcus Gilmer in News on May 8, 2009 11:00PM
Photo by stephenwrainey
- Juan Rivera was found guilty for a third time in the 1992 rape and murder of Holly Staker despite the fact DNA evidence did not match Rivera.
- Always one with the classy wisecracks, upon being led - shackled - into court today, Drew Peterson told reporters, "Look at this bling...Three squares a day and this spiffy outfit. How can I complain?’’ Peterson's arraignment was set for Monday, May 18.
- Lawyers representing ex-governor Rod Blagojevich have agreed to take the reduced, court-appointed fee of $110 an hour.
- Mayor Daley blamed - who else? - the media for trying to whip up a Daley-Stroger feud.
- Remember how superheroes like Spider-Man would tell people that crime doesn't pay? One ex-con didn't listen.
- Rider beware: work on the Blue Line will shut down service between the Western/Milwaukee and Clark/Lake stops. Shuttle buses will connect stations while rail service is down.
- One German bank gives us the most messed up commercial we've ever seen involving Abe Lincoln. [NSFW]