By Prescott Carlson in News on May 11, 2009 10:45PM
Photo and 'stache by satsun74
- Now that Mother's Day is over, let's focus on finding something to do with dear old Dad on Father's Day for a bit of bonding. How about robbing banks together?
- Lafayette, Indiana police are looking for information regarding the theft of a life-sized dog statue taken from in front of the public library. The sudden appearance of a life-sized dog statue atop a keg inside a Purdue frat house just a coincidence.
- Chicago's Roosevelt University is adding an athletic program after 20 years without one and are just working out some minor snafus, like not having any athletic facilities.
- Hyde Park native John Grunsfeld is ending his NASA astronaut career after he returns from his current mission repairing the Hubble telescope. The mission marks his fifth trip into space.
- Chicago-based Playboy magazine says they're thinking about making "radical changes", including a "younger and fresher" redesign, as well as reducing its circulation and frequency of publication.
- Como se dice "budget cuts"? A side-effect of a steady drop in adult education funding is that Spanish speaking immigrants in Illinois are finding less and less "English as a Second Language" classes to attend.
- Workers at the ailing Hartmarx factory are going the Republic Windows and Doors route and today voted to stage a sit-in if the plant is shut down.