By Marcus Gilmer in News on May 15, 2009 11:00PM
Photo by trippchicago
- Major airlines are set to do the hokey pokey at O'Hare on June 1 and United will be sharing space at Terminal 1 with Continental.
- Michael Norton, owner of Norton Sweet Shop - a West Side convenience store - was shot and killed in an attempted robbery last night.
- More change coming to Chicago's parking meters: by the end of the year, 3,000 cash-free payment boxes - on which you can use credit cards - will be installed.
- Speaking of parking meters, the Reader has uncovered more info sure to get your blood boiling: the city may have sold the meters at far less than they're worth.
- Booze isn't the only thing on which taxes may be upped in the state; video poker could be next.
- Supreme Court Justice Breyer...doing Hamlet?
- Exploring the cult of Bucky the Badger.