By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jun 9, 2009 10:30PM
Photo by lauren*o
- Illinois Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan filed suit today against Crestwood mayor Robert Stranczek and his father for lying to the state and their community over tainted cancer-causing water coming from a nearby well.
- The Sun-Times has the story of Mark Clements, a man convicted of four arson-related deaths from a 1981 incident, and his appeal for a new trial.
- There's trouble in Cicero where town president Larry Dominick has been accused of sexual assault and harassment by four former female employees.
- Volunteers in the 17th Ward plan to create a "safe passage" where routes to and from schools will be monitored to ensure student safety.
- Ethan Hastert, son of former Republican House Speaker, is expressing interest in running for the seat his father once occupied.
- Illinois schools are on the receiving end of $2.2 million in funding for fresh vegetables and fruit.
- So bizarre it has to be real: drive-thru worker at Buffalo Grove Wendy's foils drive-thru theft.