By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 2, 2009 9:00PM
Photo by zoltaan
- Police have arrested a man in connection with an attempted assault on a doctor in her office earlier this week; the man was turned in by his girlfriend.
- Has Mayor Daley ditched Stroger for Preckwinkle in the upcoming Cook County Board President race?
- A quick thinking paramedic helped save a woman who suffered a heart attack at the Taste of Chicago earlier today.
- Congrats to the University of Chicago's Dr. Janet Rowley who won the Gruber Foundation prize in genetics - including $500,000 - for her cancer research.
- The Reader's Straight Dope breaks down Chicago's early summer temperature wackiness.
- The Cubs did a little bit of roster shuffling today. Of course, when you have the leagues third highest payroll but find yourself with the league's 20th best record, maybe some more drastic measures are due.