By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 8, 2009 10:30PM
Photo by fotomattic
- Our thoughts and prayers to the family of local National Guard soldier Derwin Williams who was killed by a road-side bomb in Afghanistan.
- With Madigan's exit from both the governor's and senate race, it looks like Republican state senator Mark Kirk is taking his aim at U.S. Sen. Burris' seat.
- Meanwhile, the Republican side of the governor's race keeps growing.
- A new study shows Chicago is still second in the nation in terms of traffic jams with gridlock easing due to high gas prices and the economy. One caveat: the study is based on data from 2007.
- Local developer developer Calvin Boender, recently indicted alongside Ald. Ike Carrothers, has hired attorney Thomas Mesereau who defended now-deceased pop star Michael Jackson during his child molestation and conspiracy trial in 2005.
- With the Tour de France going on and Lance Armstrong already in second place early in the race, Time Out Chicago looks at Lance's Chicago connection.