By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 13, 2009 10:30PM
Photo by micilin
- Chicago Now's one story up has the story of a family who is facing eviction from Section 8 housing after the death of their mother.
- The Clout College hearings continued today with a pair of admissions experts expressing surprise at the elaborate nature of the system in place at the University of Illinois.
- If you haven't heard it yet, please, go listen to Sen. Roland Burris's interview this morning on WBEZ's 848. While nothing new is revealed, Burris's reactions to questions like what he thinks the impact of his not seeking the seat in 2010 on his staff will be straddle the line between hilarious and horrifying.
- Construction began today on the infamous "suicide ramps" on the Kennedy Expressway with the hopes of making them a little less dangerous.
- A bull that had been gallivanting about Joliet has been caught.
- There's been a shake-up at WKQX: so long Alex Quigley and Kevin Manno, welcome back Tim Virgin.
- The Sun-Times has uncovered the ethics training programs that then-governor Blagojevich participated in during his time in office.