By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 14, 2009 10:30PM
Photo by Pam Morgan
- The number of city jobs to be cut if the unions don't come to an agreement with Mayor Daley: 431 according to the Mayor.
- Authorities arrested Elgin Nathan James for running "a street gang that allegedly exerts control over the hardcore punk rock music [scene] through the use of violence."
- A strange story from the South Side where a man's two prosthetic legs were stolen. The legs were later recovered unharmed.
- Gapers Block has a story on the web-based Green Hornet series that's been shooting around town.
- White Sox fans across the city hold their breath: when President Obama throws out the first pitch tonight at the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in St. Louis, will he wear any White Sox gear?
- The coolest thing you'll see all day: The 101 Muppets of Sesame Street [via].