By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 31, 2009 10:00PM
Photo by josephp
- Gov. Quinn outlined today how he plans to cut $1 billion from the state budget, including job cuts and asking some employees to give up pay raises.
- A violent month is drawing to a close; so far, 225 people have been shot in Chicago in July with 42 of those being deaths.
- A suspicious package found this morning outside Oprah's Harpo Productions, Inc building was proved to be safe.
- Two people were hurt today when a gas explosion blew out a storefront at 6134 W. Belmont Ave. on the Northwest Side.
- Kanye finally found out about that false story about him claiming the King of Pop title. Here is his reaction, in all caps.
- Deadspin takes a colorful look at U.S. Cellular Field.