By Marcus Gilmer in News on Aug 6, 2009 10:30PM
Photo by kern.justin/the windy pixel
- Sonia Sotomayer has been confirmed to the Supreme Court.
- Gov. Quinn signed the Texting-While-Driving ban into law today.
- DuPage County State's Attorney Joe Birkett has decided to not run against Lisa Madigan for Attorney General next year.
- Firefighters battled a blaze at a Wal-Mart in southwest suburban Hodgkins this afternoon.
- If you're feeling like doing a tour of John Hughes sites, Gapers Block has a nice collection of pointers. And don't forget to check out the Home Alone house just like Marcus did a few years back!
- If you happened to be listening to NPR's "All Things Considered" today and heard some familiar beats, that's because the show ran a segment on Chicago DJs The Hood Internet, Moneypenny, and Dark Wave Disco, put together by local music writer extraordinaire Althea Legaspi.
- Dealing with the dreaded "Leg Spreader" on the CTA [via].