By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 16, 2009 11:00PM
- The Wheaton Police Department was evacuated today after a box of explosives was found in a parking lot outside the building.
- The unionized workers of another Sun-Times Media Group paper rejected the demands of businessman James Tyree's bid for the company even as STMG CEO Jeremy Halbreich began visiting newsrooms in an effort to drum up support.
- Former Blagojevich adviser Christopher Kelly, who committed suicide over the weekend, was laid to rest today.
- Seems there might be some reason for skepticism about that high attendance percentage the Chicago Public School system is trotting out.
- Pump up the bike tires because Chicagoland Car-Free Day is coming up.
- The ten worst mayors in Sci-Fi.