By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 18, 2009 10:30PM
Combining Olympic Fever with his "Perfect 10 Percent" Approval Rating, Cook County Broad President Todd Stroger nails the landing; Lauri Apple/Chicagoist
- For former Chicago Police officers were sentenced to six months in jail after they pleaded guilty for their part in the Special Operations Section scandal.
- The cost of Oprah's Mag Mile party: $54,832. And, unlike with the DNC and Obamapalooza, Oprah has paid her bill on time.
- Yesterday was not a good day to be a public transit bus. On Thursday, a 20-year-old woman was hospitalized after being trapped under a PACE bus and last night a man was struck and killed by a CTA bus on the South Side.
- Not surprisingly, one of the better reviews of Rod Blagojevich's book comes from The Reader's Mick Dumke. (Also check out Eric Zorn's breakdown)
- Speaking of our former governor, Blago's chair from Jimmy Kimmel's show fetched over $10,000 on eBay.
- Gapers Block takes a nice look at Evanston's new SPACE music venue.
- The ladies of the Windy City Rollers are in action this weekend in Minnesota at the Brawl of America tournament. They've already won their first bout 155-25 against the Minnesota RollerGirls. Next up: tomorrow evening's semifinal bout against the winner of the Arch Rival v Cincinnati bout. Follow all the action here.
To our friends celebrating Rosh Hashanah, L'shana tova!