By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 22, 2009 10:30PM
Photo by TEFennell4
- Mayor Daley and Governor Quinn are defending the $16 million price tag on the state's tourism spending. If gubernatorial opponent Dan Hynes thinks that's steep now, wait til October 3rd when we might add roughly $4 billion to that.
- Officials downstate are investigating a brutal quintuple homicide in which a couple and three of their children were shot dead in Beason; a 3-year-old girl survived the shooting, but police haven't released any additional details on her condition.
- Investigators have ruled that the fire-related deaths of a couple in their Des Plaines-area home was a murder-suicide.
- While the world waits with bated breath to see if President Obama will go to Copenhagen in October, he's already writing letters to his new pen pals, the IOC.
- Now Milton's mom is getting involved? Enough already. Just eat the $20 million and force Hendry to wear a scarlet 'M' (for Milton) for the rest of his tenure.
- United has joined Amercian Airlines in announcing new service from O'Hare. New destinations include Duluth, Little Rock, and Huntsville, Alabama (woot!).
- A book on the art and design of the Obama campaign? You can help make it happen.
- The Blackhawks lost RW Adam Burish for six months thanks to an ACL tear this weekend against Minnesota.