By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 28, 2009 10:30PM
Chicagoist Editor-in-Chief Marcus Gilmer carrying the Olympic Torch during the 2002 Winter Olympic Torch Relay; Photo taken by Marcus' Mom
- Police have arrested a teenager in connection with the stabbing death of his mother's boyfriend; the mother and boyfriend had been fighting and the teen allegedly stabbed the man to protect his mother.
- What not to do when protesting a traffic ticket: threaten authorities with a BB gun.
- Thomas J. Thibeault, executive director for the Chicago Newspaper Guild, has reported that there appears to be a second bidder interested in purchasing the Sun-Times Media Group.
- The Illinois State Supreme Court is taking up an interesting case involving the limits of a police's rights to search for drugs.
- Gapers Block points us to the city's most hated post office.
- The story of the restoration of a Minnesota gas station designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.