The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Oct 9, 2009 4:40PM
Behold the Italian Burger from Neu Uber Burger in Evanston
- Tonight: The Store (2002 N. Halsted) is hosting "Martini Madness," benefiting Cabrini Connections, an organization that provides mentoring and tutoring to children living in Cabrini Green. $40, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: VeganMania, a festival of all things vegan, takes place at the Pulaski Park Fieldhouse (1419 W. Blackhawk) from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Best thing about this is it's free.
- Sunday: The Publican's monthly beer dinner will feature selections from St.Feuillien. Cost is $40 for the family-style dinner, $15-$20 extra for the beer. (837 W. Fulton Mkt., 5-10 p.m.)
- Monday: ZOCALO Restaurant and tequila Bar (358 W. Ontario, 312-302-9977) is running a "taste of Mexico City" three-course, $30 couples dinner through the 15th.
- Tuesday: Fulton's on the River (315 N. LaSalle, 312-822-0100) is hosting an Oktoberfest celebration from 5:30-8 p.m.
- Wednesday: Metromix's fall beer festival takes place at Brasserie JO from 6-8 p.m. The fest will feature over 40 beers from around the world. (59 W. Hubbard, 312-595-0800, $22).
- Thursday:Shaw's Crab House's Oysterfest Kickoff PArty is being held at Goose Island Clybourn (1800 N. Clybourn) from 5:30-7 p.m. Guests will receive free oysters with the purchase of any Goose Island beer, whose flagship Honker's Ale is the official beer of Oysterfest.