By Marcus Gilmer in News on Nov 6, 2009 11:30PM
Photo by Martin Nieto
- A pair of area deaths related to H1N1 have been reported. In related news, a truck with 900 H1N1 vaccine doses was stolen in Milwaukee though police have apprehended a suspect.
- As the search continues for a hit & run driver responsible for the death of 25-year-old Rachel Gilliam, a surveillance tape is making the rounds that shows the alleged car that moments later hit Gilliam and her family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the driver.
- With 1,000 officers eligible to retire, Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis admits he's "nervous" about retirements cutting into the CPD's already thinned ranks.
- Sheriff's police made a huge pot bust in McHenry County.
- Gov. Quinn got some endorsements today, including from Blago's father-in-law, Ald. Dick Mell (33rd).
- John Fritchey, Salt-n-Pepa fan.