By Marcus Gilmer in News on Nov 24, 2009 11:30PM
Photo by Brian Hagy
- Prosecutors raised the amount that Chicago Police Sgt. John Pallohusky has been accused of stealing from the Chicago Police Sergeants' Association; previously listed as $600,000, it was increased to almost $1 million. Pallohusky faces charges of with felony theft and money laundering.
- The Washington Post is closing several bureaus, including the one here in Chicago, in an attempt to save money.
- The owner of a pair of Gary, Indiana casinos has filed for bankruptcy as he awaits a decision by the state about allowing casinos to be built on land.
- Richard Roeper is going back to the movies.
- 21 rides from Kiddieland went up for auction today. Check out the brochure here.
- In defense of Jay Cutler.
- Fare-thee-well, Carl Kasell.