By Marcus Gilmer in News on Dec 17, 2009 11:30PM
Photo by Melissa Williams
- Police hope surveillance footage will give them leads in a shooting that happened yesterday in the Irving Park neighborhood.
- Attorney General Lisa Madigan today said that Gov. Quinn is clear to sell Thomson Correctional Center to the federal government for housing terrorism suspects currently being held at Guantanamo Bay.
- Dwain Kyles and Calvin Hollins, the owners of E2 who were recently sentenced to two years in jail, have asked a judge to allow them to remain free pending their appeal.
- Today in Pranks Gone Bad: a text message joke about men with guns in a bank prompted a full response from Joliet police.
- A woman was arrested for allegedly giving her 14-year-old son a beer and then allegedly cursing out the police officers who confronted her about it.
- A judge has cleared the way for the village of Deerfield to sue ComEd over bad service.