Do This for December 18-20
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Dec 18, 2009 7:00PM
- Today: Acradia Brewing "Ale-vangelist" Jim Javenkoski will be hosting a tasting of the Battle Creek, MI brewery's English-inspired ales at Provenance Food & Wine's Logan Square location (2528 N. California, 773-384-0699) from 5-8 p.m.
- Saturday: In Fine Spirits is hosting a holiday wine tasting from 3-6 p.m. in the wine shop (5418 N. Clark).
- Saturday: A reminder about the Empty Bottle's farmer's market from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday: The Sunday tastings at all three LUSH Wine & Spirits locations will focus on seasonal beer and scotch. tastings are from 2-5 p.m.
- Sunday: Bin 36's "Movies in the Loft" series will screen the movie "Bottle Shock about the 1976 Judgment of Paris, the blind wine tasting that put California wines on the map. A fixed price dinner will be served. In the spirit of the movie, guests will be tasting wines blind throughout the night, with the names of the wines revealed at the end of the evening. (339 N. Dearborn, 312-755-9463, 6 p.m., $48)