Do This: Specials and Classes Through the End of January
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Jan 22, 2010 6:30PM
- Ongoing: What was supposed to be a one-week $20.10 special tasting menu at Nacional 27 has turned into a budget busting winter special. The three-course prix fixe menu will be featured Mondays through Thursdays until March 31.
- Sunday: Miller Lite is hosting a pre-Super Bowl party on February 6 at Soldier Field's United Club. From 3-5 p.m. Timothy O'Toole's and Miller Lite are giving away 20 passes to the pre-party. All you have to do is buy Miller Lite at O'Toole's; drinking it is another matter.
- Monday: Jacky's on Paririe (2545 Prairie Ave., Evanston, 847-733-0899) is hosting a benefit dinner for Share Our Strength's Operation Front Line program, which provides nutrition education and cooking programs for teens and adults. they're offering two seatings: 5:30 - 8 p.m. and 8 - 10 p.m. RSVP by today.
- Monday: Uncommon Ground is unveiling a new cocktail at it's Devon location (1401 W. Devon) as a fundraiser for the Chicago Rarities Orchard Project from 6-8 p.m. All proceeds from the $20 cover will go to CROP.
- Monday: The Bluebird's Monday beer tasting series will focus on Tyranena Brewing. They'll go through mainstays like the "Headless Man," "Rocky's Revenge," and "Bitter Woman IPA," "Sheep Shagger Scotch Ale," "Dirty Old Man" (Imperial Rye Porter Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels), and "Scurvy IPA with Orange Peel." Flatbreads and snacks will also be served. (1749 N. Damen, 7:30-9:30 p.m. $20, RSVP to email@example.com)
- Tuesday: Jim Beam and Schuba's Harmony Grill are teaming up for a 4-course, $60 bourbon dinner starting at 7:30 p.m. RSVP online at Schuba's website.
- Wednesday: Fine Wine Brokers (4621 N. Lincoln) hosts "Red/White: A Wine Tasting Benefit for Red Door Animal Shelter." $40, 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Stretch Run Sporting Club and Grille (544 N. LaSalle, 312-644-4477) hosts a "Super Bowl classics" cooking class from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $5. That's not a typo.
- Saturday, January 30: Luxbar (18 E Bellevue Pl., 312-642-3400) Chef Mike Burkauskas will show how to make Luxbar’s signature beef, turkey and veggie burgers while sampling slider-sized versions and paired beers. Cost is $25; reservations are required and space is limited.