By Marcus Gilmer in News on Mar 10, 2010 11:00PM
Photo by nathanmac87
- In his budget address today, Gov. Quinn called for a hike of the state income tax from 3 percent to 4 percent to help avoid education cuts.
- Police have released information - including name and photo - of the suspect in last week's Southwest Side rapes.
- WBEZ has background on today's immigration rallies.
- The Reader tackles all things Mayoral: Mick Dumke examines that lack of fight Mayor Daley often faces and breaks down 10 people who could challenge him next year while Ben Joravsky tackles that New Yorker profile of the Mayor.
- A judge accepted an amended petition from lawyers asking for a new trial for Anthony McKinney, the subject of the Medill Innocence Project. The new bid excludes testimony from two men who said they were paid by students working on the project.
- Chicago Public School students rallied today to protest proposed cuts to sophomore sports.
- Milton Bradley keeps complaining and the man who gave him that dumb contract gets all huffy.