By Marcus Gilmer in News on Mar 16, 2010 10:00PM
Photo by wvallen
- Chicago Public Schools CEO Ron Huberman warned of more layoffs and larger class sizes in another round of budget cuts is implemented.
- A judge ruled Oprah will have to face a defamation lawsuit stemming from comments she made about alleged sexual abuse at her girls' school in South Africa.
- Police are still searching for the driver involved in a hit-and-run on Interstate 80 this morning that killed a construction worker.
- Chicago native Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens may retire soon.
- The supervisor involved in the Mount Prospect bus driver DUI case has been put on leave for the decision to allow the driver to finish her route even after suspicions were raised.
- The always excellent Parking Ticket Geek has more info on the ongoing battle in Springfield over red light cameras.
- A new study shows that obesity rates among younger Chicago children is down while the rate among older children remains above the national average.
- Daniel X. O'Neil did a bit of digging and got a hold of the renovation plans for Wrigley Field.