Dark Lord Day's Golden Ticket Pre-sale Insanity
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Mar 17, 2010 4:20PM
Try to remember, people: It's just a beer!!
We've been monitoring Twitter not to see when tickets would go on sale, but to read the tweets from the Greek chorus of fanatics who sometimes make the festival a chore to attend. Here are some choice tweets:
- "Who else lost sleep over this?" - cathywonderful
- "(S)o is that after my work or your work?" - Sorayamckee
- "Is it true that they aren't making Dark Lord this year because Oprah ate all the ingredients?" - longmeshortyou
- "(been waiting) Since noon 3/16/2010" - ibeyou
- "I am sure some of you like me enough to try to get me tickets so I can sleep right?" - cutefont
- "Quit playing with my emotions. Now I know how Charlie felt." kabruner.
- "They don't say how long after work." - Jason266
- Our favorite from mitchgroup (a full 15 minutes after the Floyds announced when sales would happen): "(L)et's just all pray that internal server errors are due to refreshing page w/ticket sales. bring it floyd."
Things aren't much better over at the Beer Advocate and Ratebeer forums. It's like a cult.
Now would be a good time to remind everyone who's lost sleep waiting for tickets to go on sale: 1) Dark Lord Day is about more than the beer. 2) You're supposed to have fun at Dark Lord Day and 3) if last year was any indication, you'll still be able to buy Dark Lord if you miss out on the tickets.
If you have a solid 20 minutes to waste at work today you can read for yourself using the following hashtags: #darklord, #darklordday and #dld2010. It's a great study into the collective hive mentality of the beer obsessive. Meanwhile, those of us who had the common sense to get some sleep will be ready to buy our tickets when they go on sale.