By Marcus Gilmer in News on Mar 23, 2010 10:00PM
Photo by JenPenn
- President Obama officially signed the recently passed health care reform bill into law. At last check (around 4:54 p.m. Chicago time), the apocalypse some had been warned us this action would bring still had not yet occurred.
- Mayor Daley's not too hot on the idea of a four-day school week.
- Gapers Block has an excellent feature focusing on the battle over unions and workers' rights at Pete's Fresh Market.
- Chicago Storytelling, a project run by DePaul journalism students, looks at the city's newspaper hawkers and how they're coping with the economy and the decline in newspaper circulation.
- The story of a local autistic teen whose NCAA bracket is perfect.
- Altered: the NFL's overtime rules for playoff games (the Bears voted yes to the change).