By Marcus Gilmer in News on Apr 12, 2010 10:30PM
Photo by danfogel
- A City Council committee approved the $3 million settlement proposed for a woman who suffered a permanent brain injury in a crash stemming from a 2004 police chase (the car she was in was not part of the chase).
- The Tribune company has filed their bankruptcy reorganization plan but not everyone is happy about it.
- State business leaders are making a plea to keep locks on the the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal open - despite the threat of Asian Carp - for the sake of, well, business.
- The Sun-Times reads Kitty Kelley's Oprah bio so you don't have to.
- Sir Elton John was in town to support the premiere of the Chicago production of Billy Elliot; John wrote the music for the stage adaptation of the film. (Pssst: be sure to check out Tony's interview with Tommy Batchelor, one of four boys who will portray Billy here in Chicago.)
- Adieu: The Art Institute's Joseph Rosa, University of Illinois' Demetri McCamey.