By Marcus Gilmer in News on May 28, 2010 10:00PM
Fallen CPD Officer Thomas Wortham IV is laid to rest today; Photo by bp5131
- Chicago Police officer Thomas Wortham, killed last week in a robbery attempt, was laid to rest today.
- As Rod Blagojevich's trial approaches next week and the Supreme Court today denied a request to delay the trial, the Chicago News Coop discovers Blago only has a quarter of his original defense fund left.
- Gov. Quinn is under scrutiny for a big donation he received from teamsters just before he vetoed the McCormick Place reform bill (the state legislature overrode that veto, anyway).
- Cook County: tops in the nation in felony drug cases.
- Chicago native and former NBA star Antoine Walker has filed for bankruptcy.
- Another sign of summer: Chicago beaches are open (and now on Twitter).
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend and check back as we'll still be here updating all weekend.