By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 6, 2010 10:00PM
Photo by ffejeroni
- Attorneys for Jerry Hobbs, charged for the 2005 murders of his daughter and her friend, say new DNA evidence connects another man to the murders and clears Hobbs.
- While Gov. Quinn trims the budget, he's also handed out a number of raises to staff members.
- An intruder wearing a skeleton mask broke into the Lakeview home of an elderly couple and hit the 83-year-old man with a baseball bat; the victim has since been treated and released.
- Don't look now but in the wake of the Burge case and with the Blago trial in full-swing, Drew Peterson's murder trial starts up on Thursday.
- New tough EPA regulations are on the way for the city.
- "I may be wrong, but any city whose sports fans have steadfastly refused to do the Wave certainly isn't going to accept an MTV version of the Reader."
- Congrats to Intelligentsia's Michael Phillips, recently crowned as the World's Best Barista.
- LeBron James joined Twitter and NBA beat reporters collectively crapped themselves waiting for something, anything, indicating that he's reached a decision on where he's playing next year (answer: nope.)