Inherit The Windbag: More Haterade
By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 8, 2010 2:45PM
An abbreviated version round-up today.
- Judge Zagel dismissed yet another defense motion to declare a mistrial.
- Continuing his testimony from Tuesday, road building exec Gerry Krozel testified that Rod tried to hit him up for money before new ethics laws went into effect and admitted under cross that he initially had lied to the FBI (out of fear) about pressure from Blago. The defenses latched on to inconsistencies in Krozel's statements to investigators.
- Real estate agent (and pal of Mayor Daley) Sean Conlon testified to hikes in home prices so that Patti Blagojevich would benefit with some extra cash (and sparred playfully with defense lawyer Sam Adam, Jr.)
- Former state employee and supporter of Jesse Jackson, Jr. Rajinder Bedi took the stand and testified about meetings with Robert Blagojevich and Jesse Jackson, Jr. that revolved around raising $1 million in exchange for Blago appointing Jackson to the Senate seat.
- On learning he had been taped: “Recordings of me? Who said that?”
- On Jesse Jackson, Jr.: "Jesse Jackson isn't emotionally stable ... He shouldn't even be a Goddamn Congressman. He's a fucking articulate incompetent."
- Once again on who he wants in the Senate seat: "If I'm so fucking repugnant to them, take Jesse Jackson Jr. Fuck them... Why the fuck should I send them Lisa Madigan who gets zero percent from African-Americans, piss off my base, and I get nothing? Fuck you, Harry Reid."