By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 26, 2010 9:00PM
Photo by TEFennell4
- The City Council Transportation Committee O.K.'d a plan to allow companies to display holiday-themed displays on bridge houses even if specifics like the actual size of the displays haven't yet been determined.
- Cocaine and PCP were found in the bloodstream of a local one-year-old boy after he apparently chewed on a piece of tinfoil laced with the drugs.
- While flooding clean-up continues here, our neighbors to the north in Milwaukee are facing their own post-flooding hardships.
- As the Chatham Wal-Mart nears a City Council vote, the corporate giant seems to be wiggling out of its promise to pay competitive wages at its Pullman Park store.
- The suburb that never was.
- That strange Elvis auction - selling off tools used in the King's embalming - has been canceled.
- The state of Illinois is cutting the writing portion from standardized tests given to third, fifth, sixth, and eighth graders.
- Zambrano speaks.