By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 27, 2010 10:30PM
Photo by Rasidel Slika
- Congrats, Illinois! Your state budget deficit is the largest in the nation! Suck on that, California.
- You may soon be able to get a Bloody Mary at O'Hare and Midway at any time of the day to soothe you for your outgoing flight as the city is mulling 24-hour liquor sales at both airports.
- An examiner finds there were some shenanigans going on with the Tribune Company's 2007 buyout.
- Food truck legislation is heading to the City Council tomorrow.
- The White Sox plan on retiring Frank Thomas' number at a ceremony next month honoring The Big Hurt.
- "Camelot Manor residents were awakened at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday by numerous crashes, as two brothers repeatedly rammed their vehicles into each other as they drove through the mobile home park." This is how they roll in Porter County, yall.
- Everyone should have some love on their birthday, even your occasional sparring partner. So cheers to you, Chicago Carless, on 5 years of blogging.