By Marcus Gilmer in News on Aug 5, 2010 10:00PM
Photo by gabriel xavier michael
- Former Univ. of Chicago law school professor Elena Kagen has been confirmed by the U.S. Senate by a vote of 63-37. The SCOTUS will have three female justices for the first time ever.
- Bad news for city finances as the city bond rating was downgraded.
- Erin Hughes, the New Trier High School student involved in a hit-and-run accident in which she injured another student, avoided jail as a judge sentenced her to two years of probation.
- Will the Prop 8 decision have an effect on civil union legislation in Illinois?
- A little advice for Lollapalooza first-timers.
- The Bears' Julius Peppers was the only Chicago athlete to make SI's 50 highest paid athletes at number 36. [via GB]
- Carlos Delgado?