By JoshMogerman in News on Oct 3, 2010 7:00PM
Heeeeere’s Rahm. Local and national media are all atwitter now that Rahm Emanuel has made his mayoral bid all official with this video online announcement:
There’s no shortage of conjecture on what he needs to do to get this party started right---it certainly started quickly---everyone seems to know how the campaign should go. So, here’s a rundown of today’s online Emanuel ephemera:
- Chicago News Cooperative’s James Warren says that Rahm needs to hit the neighborhoods if he is a serious candidate---and goes so far as to suggest an itinerary that includes Auburn Gresham, Portage Park, South Chicago, South Deering, Hegewisch and Bronzeville (suck it North Siders, you aren’t on the list, so apparently Emanuel has heard enough from you already). Lots of pavement pounding for candidate Rahm, but at least Warren suggests some good restaurant stops on the way.
- The Trib has a long article about the shadow Blago casts over his mayoral candidacy. Apparently, there are more tapes and Rahm is on them pushing for candidates on his boss's behalf. It doesn’t sound like anything illegal, but the Blago wreak is so foul that Emanuel may need to be hosed down to eliminate the taint.
- Hopefully, you had better things to do than watch Saturday Night Live last night, which led with Andy Samberg’s likely Rahm-swansong. If you missed it, Prescott has you covered.
- The former chief-of-staff has a shiny new chief-of-staff of his own. Politico reports that Rahm has brought in Scott Fairchild to run his campaign.
- He apparently is running Google ads today...
- Daley avoided questions about Rahm when asked yesterday.
- Washington Post warns Chicagoans not to be surprised when they assaulted with Emmanuel's "charm offensive." (And, thanks, by the way, to the Beltway denizens for that big heads-up the simple folks of Chicagoland were unaware that their former representative in Congress could go against his demonic stereotype.)
- More from DC, Politico had an Emanuel to-do list on Friday that actually seems to be largely completed. Donors. Check. Assemble a team. Axelrod's folks are onboard already, check. But some boxes are still empty: get a place to live in Chicago and hope for Daley’s blessing oops.