What Were Todd Stroger's Lowest Moments?
By Chuck Sudo in News on Dec 8, 2010 3:00PM
And here we thought we wouldn't have Todd Stroger to kick around anymore. Huffington Post Chicago hereafter known as "ChuffPo: has compiled a list of the Toddler's top ten lowest moments as County Board President. We find it hard to limit ourselves to ten, given the quilt of ineptitude and hubris Stroger knitted in just four years, starting with being elected. But let's see what ChuffPo compiled:
- The penny sales tax hike.
- The "24-Nine" contracts that led to the arrest of Carla Oglesby.
- Unapproved raises for staffers.
- Firing disloyal workers.
- The corruption in the President's Office of Empowerment and Training.
- His absolute refusal to assist in the transition to Toni Preckwinkle.
- The zoo party for flood victims using federal grant money.
- Using his County Board-issued credit card for personal expenses.
- Spending thousands in sprucing up his lame duck office.
- And further thousands for the office of Eugene Mullins.
Okay, that's a good list. But it's only a start. We could also list hiring unqualified workers, such as the busboy. Or hiring family and friends and putting them in positions beyond their means. Or telling Palatine residents that the get far more in county services than their property and sales taxes merit when Palatine talked of secession.
You will be missed, Todd.