What Didn't Make Our "Top 10 of 2010" - The Best of the Rest
By Chuck Sudo in News on Dec 31, 2010 6:30PM
This website was the URL that Chatham's comments were connected to.
Our "Top 10 of 2010" was selected after thorough discussion and dissection (and you can find the full list here). But there were tons of stories that were worthy of inclusion that we felt didn't make the cut. Here, for your re-reading pleasure, are the best of the rest.
- Wal-Mart [Using fake community groups to manufacture support; the Lakeview Wal-Mart trial balloon and subsequent drama.]
- Park District shuts down the Book Bike.
- Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart halts foreclosures again.
- CTA's Doomsday Schedule.
- The Supreme Court ruled against the city's handgun ban.
- The Tea Party.
- The Tea Party again.
- Pressure from LGBT activists forced reggae artist Capleton to cancel a Chicago gig.
- Making Wicker Park "gritty" again.