"Girl Food Dinner" at West Town Tavern to Benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository
By Anthony Todd in Food on May 5, 2011 7:20PM
The Greater Chicago Food Depository does some of the most important work there is - making sure our fellow Chicagoans are well fed. Since this mission lines up with our own (though on a somewhat different level), we whole-heartedly support their efforts. They also happen to throw some of the best benefit dinners in the business. On May 15, the Food Depository will be hosting its 15th Annual Girl Food Dinner at West Town Tavern. The 5-course meal, cooked entirely by female chefs, will blow your socks off, and the $150 ticket price goes right to the food depository.
Some of our favorite chefs, including Sarah Grueneberg (Spiaggia), Meg Colleran (Terzo Piano), Susan Goss (West Town Tavern) and Jessica Oloroso (Black Dog Gelato) will be cooking up their best dishes. The menu will include:
- Meyer lemon-crusted scallop with avocado-english pea salad and Meyer lemon syrup
- Anson Mills farro salad with wild mushrooms, fava beans and Evalon goat’s milk cheese
- Ravioletto di Capra e Crescenza, fresh chick peas and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Sorghum-glazed Berkshire pork belly with toasted barley and rhubarb-basil compote
- Milk chocolate Calvados cheesecake, almond financier crust, blood orange basil sorbet
The cost also includes wine pairings for each course. Chicagoist supports the work of talented female chefs, and it's wonderful to see so many of them coming together for a great cause. Buy your tickets now.