Elsewhere in the Ist-a-Verse: Do the IMF Perp Walk
By Chuck Sudo in News on May 22, 2011 9:00PM
- Gothamist was riveted by the news that now-former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn was accused of sexually assaulting a hotel maid. Of course, the French were disgusted by America’s tradition/love of the perp walk and Ben Stein wondered how a “short fat old man" could allegedly rape anyone.
- LAist readers voiced a passion for penises as Santa Monica considers a ban on male circumcision.
- SFist snapped this shot of radio minister Harold Camping’s house at 6:01 PM on Saturday, May 21, the day and time of the bogus rapture.
- Seattlest breathed a sigh of relief when local journalist, Dorothy Parvaz, was finally released from Iran, where she had been deported while on assignment for Al Jazeera.
- Bostonist survived the Apocalypse that wasn't despite observing two signs of impending doom: The Chicago Cubs visited Fenway Park for the first time in 93 years; There are companies that don't use social media enough.
- DCist wasn’t taking any chances -- we were going to thoroughly enjoy the week before the supposed Rapture with our first taste of Shake Shack, some group suggestions for surviving the possible oncoming zombie apocalypse and, of course, some fun with Photoshop.
- Shanghaiist found out McDonald’s is offering a discount to men only.
- Austinist is getting ready for the Chaos in Tejas festival by talking to founder Timmy Hefner.
- Chicagoist ringed in the inauguration of Mayor Rahm Emanuel with a live blog.