Do This: "Ingredients" Screening, Plus Great Discounts on Local Food
By Anthony Todd in Food on Jun 16, 2011 6:40PM
The best local food event of June is taking place next Wednesday from 6-9, and you should buy tickets right now. Local Food Wisdom is teaming up with the Lincoln Square Chamber of Commerce to host a screening of "Ingredients," an all-local meal and an expert panel of farmers and business owners. Best of all? If you buy a (frankly, really cheap) ticket, you'll get tons of discounts to use all over town.
The dinner, which will be held at DANK Haus, costs $25 for adults and $5 for kids (if you buy your tickets today or tomorrow) and a little bit more after that. If you can get through the menu without being hungry, we'll be very surprised. The dinner includes:
- Grass-fed beef burgers (prepared by The Grafton Pub & Grill)
- Arugula salad with strawberries and goat cheese (prepared by City Provisions)
- Housemade potato chips (prepared by City Provisions)
- Cornmeal and rhubarb pound cakes (prepared by City Provisions)
- Snow cones with artisan fruit syrups (prepared by Jo Snow Syrups)
- Local popcorn and local wines (courtesy of Provenance Food and Wine)
There will also be a cash bar. The expert panel includes Mick Klug (of Mick Klug Farms), Cleetus Friedman (City Provision), Tracy Kellner (Provenance Food and Wine) and LaManda Joy (Peterson Garden Project).
On to the good part - the discounts! If you buy your ticket in the next two days, you get discounts from:
- Mick Klug Farms ($5 off purchase at the Lincoln Square Farmers Market)
- City Provisions (10% off next purchase, excluding alcohol)
- Provenance Food and Wine (15% off next purchase)
- The Grafton Pub & Grill ($10 off a check totaling $30 or more).
If you regularly shop at these businesses, that covers the cost of admission. So, if you haven't seen the movie (or even if you have!) and you love local food, buy a ticket right now.