Today is National Coffee Day
By Molly Durham in Food on Sep 29, 2011 2:00PM
Today marks the celebration of all things coffee-related. If you’ve ever needed an excuse (we never do) to crack yourself out on caffeine, this is it. For some coffee is the first thought in the morning, for others it is a recreational treat, but whatever it means to you, embrace it today.
Julius Meinl will host a “Neighborhood Dinner” event in honor of the day, with a prix fixe menu of dishes infused with Julius Meinl's signature coffees and teas. It might be worth it alone to try the “coffee-and-cocoa-crusted NY strip steak.” Whoa. There’ll be live music too, and we can only hope they croon about caffeine.
As if that wasn’t enough coffee, they’re also serving free coffee from the Meinl Mobile today. Follow their Twitter posts for details.
Here are some other ways you can celebrate:
- Use the current ScoutMob deal for 100% off a vanilla bean latte at Wormhole.
- Go get the buy one, get one free deal at Caribou Coffee.
- Get free medium coffee at participating 7-Eleven stores from 7 to 11 a.m today.
- Buy a french press and bring it to work. Start using it at your desk instead of going on coffee runs. More coffee, less money, all win.
- Get a Trenta size at Starbucks. We won’t be held responsible for anything that ensues, though.
Let us know how you're celebrating!